Green Business Certifications
Leaf’d is passionate about uniting the sustainability movement by recognizing business practices within the areas of environmental, social, ethical, and food safety. Such brands that demonstrate conscious standards are assessed by their ability to fall within any of the following standards:
- Made in the USA (or Canada): By producing within the country, you are opting for premium goods, supporting the local economy, creating jobs, and lowering the carbon footprint.
- Locally Sourced: Refers to food and other products that are grown or produced, processed and then sold within a certain area.
- Recycled, Repurposed, or Up-cycled: Products made from already existing materials, fabrics, metals or fibers.
- Cruelty Free: Products are manufactured or developed by methods that do not involve experimentation on animals.
- Vegan: Products contain no animal resources.
- Sustainably produced: Practices which inflict minimal or no harm on the natural environment.
- Fair Trade: Reasonable work hours, no child labor, a fair living wage, environmentalism, and social policy in areas related to production of goods are taken into account.
- Zero or Low Waste: Production and shipping involves minimal or zero waste and water production.
- Charitable Giving: Gives back to the community or organizations that support social justice or any of the standards above.
Green America is a national, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, membership organization founded in 1982.
Our mission is to help small green businesses and social enterprises grow the new green economy from the ground up. With over thirty years of experience, we offer one of the most comprehensive programs for small businesses committed to social and environmental responsibility.
Since 1982, Green America has certified green businesses that are committed to using business as a platform for social change. We look for entrepreneurs and business leaders who are solving social and environmental problems…by design.